- Nature of personal information collected from you when you access our website and other online services.
- How we collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose that information.
- “We,” “us,” and “our” means Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur [‘IIT Kanpur’ or ‘IITK’]
- The “Service” means any information, documents, assistance, or services we may provide to you through our Site;
- User- "User" or "You" or "Your" means mean anyone who visits, accesses, or uses our Site or obtains Services from us through our Site.
- Content - "Content" will include (but is not limited to) images, photos, audio, video, events, location data, nearby places, and all other forms of information or data visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, aggregate ratings, reports and other usage-related data in connection with activities associated with your account and all other elements and components of the Services.
- Information We Collect About You.
- We collect the information which you share with us. So you choose what you want to share and how you want to share.
- We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details and/or
- your activities on our Services.
- Although we own code, databases, and all rights to the application, you retain all rights to your data.
- We collect your personal information and data that let us know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you [e.g. your full name, email address, postal code, password and other personal information].
- You may optionally provide us with this information through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook , Twitter, Google, LinkedIn and Instagram . In such cases, we fetch and store whatever information is made available to us by you through these sign-in services. Your profile picture will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. Your information and data is topmost priority for us. Information you provide through our Services, including your posts, photographs, comments, lists, Members of your network, the users you add you to their network, your education details, your work details, your information about life during college days and after and or prior, your posts, updates, news (collectively, ‘User Contribution’. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable (see "Security" section below). Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself in such postings
- We use web storage mechanisms to store and collect your information and some information may be considered as personal information by you.
- We collect information at the hardware level like screen resolution, browser properties, device information to optimize our products and services.
- We collect information at the application level like errors, crashes, failures to provide improvements and customer services.
- The information that we collect at hardware and application level does not identify you with your products though it may have information that is unique and you may consider it as personal.
- Logs: We record, collect and store information when you access our products through browser or application.
- Information is collected when you:
- Send us any electronic communication (including via email or any other application);
- Enter contests and other program [such as availing services from portal, reunions, events, alumnus meets etc.] run by us from time-to-time;
- Create a user account;
- optionally provide us with this information through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook , Twitter, Google, LinkedIn and Instagram . In such cases, we fetch and store whatever information is made available to us by you through these sign-in services.
- Submit online applications and forms to us and
- Subscribe to newsletters.
- We maintain, preserve and protect the information and rights of our users in compliance with laws and processes of the land, or government requests against fraud, security threats to have protection against harm to you and our rights and safety
- We use information to process your requests and respond to queries. We will use your information to personalize our products and give you improved services and better user experience. The information may include your request, actions performed, browser details, device details, time and date and information from cookies to identify you or your browser uniquely.
- Your information helps us to improve our products and services and is not shared or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products and services you have requested, when we have your permission.
- We use your information to develop new features and improve overall quality of our products and services.
- We may use your information to understand our users (what they do on our Portal, what features they like, how they use them, etc.) and communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about us and our such as news, announcements, and other relevant materials;
- We may use the data to operate our operational activities which includes analysing our performance, developing our workforce and doing research.
- We may use email address to communicate and provide you our products and services and keep you informed.
- We will ask for your permission and consent for any information sharing that may be sensitive and personal.
- We endeavour to collect only such information that is reasonably necessary to perform services for you or to respond to your inquiries. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is accurate, complete and current.
- You are responsible for Your Content and assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone's reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable.
- We will ask for your consent and permission if we intend to use information for a purpose other than what it is collected for.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our third-party service providers, which provide services for us including but not limited to sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, providing analytics services and helping us provide services as requested by users. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect Personal Information and are only allowed to use Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them. We do NOT share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, and we will only share Personal Information as outlined herein or with your consent.
- To our business partners. We occasionally collaborate with other organizations to deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or to host events, conferences, and seminars. As part of these arrangements, you may be a customer of both ours and our partners, and our partners and we may collect and share information about you. We will handle personal data in accordance with the privacy notice.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information: (1) To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (2) To enforce or apply our Terms of Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and (3) If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others stakeholders. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Confidential personal data, including any information regarding your financial situation, bank account details, transactions, etc.
- Confidential personal data, including any information regarding your financial situation, bank account details, transactions, etc.
- Sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number; and
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information towards individuals. We are not responsible for any information as mentioned above and posted on those sites.
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information, you can do so by logging in to your profile. If you wish to permanently delete your account, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive an email/SMS/Message etc. that appears to be from us that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email / SMS/Message etc. was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information. We do not ask for this type of information in an email / SMS. Do not provide the information or click on the link.
The intellectual property in the materials contained in this website are owned by or licensed to IIT Kanpur and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law and other applicable laws, for the time being in force. You agree to protect our proprietary rights and the proprietary rights of all others having rights in the Services during and after the term of this agreement and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by us or our suppliers and licensors of content or otherwise to protect their and others’ contractual, statutory, and common law rights in the Services. You acknowledge and agree that We own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any IP Rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated as confidential by us and that you shall not disclose such information without our's prior written consent.
We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access and use the Services only as expressly permitted in these Terms. You shall not use the Services for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms. You may use information made available through the Services solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, broadcast, translate, reproduce, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, sell, promote, create derivative works, or in any way exploit or allow others to exploit any of our contents in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as otherwise expressly granted to you in writing, we do not grant you any other express or implied right or license to the Services, our contents or IP Rights.
Any violation by you of the license provisions contained in this Section may result in the immediate termination of your right to use the Services, as well as potential liability for copyright and other IP Rights infringement depending on the circumstances.
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
1. We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction:
- if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive,
- where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or
- if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
- We take all measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, abuse where data is stored.
- We have restricted access to information to our employees, and partners who need information for processing it on our behalf.
- We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security.
- These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it, including the use of vault and tokenization services form third party service providers.
- The Financial Information collected from the Users is transacted through secure digital platforms of approved payment gateways which are under encryption, thereby complying with reasonably expected technology standards. While the Company shall make reasonable endeavours to ensure that the User’s personal information and the Financial Information is duly protected by undertaking security measures prescribed under applicable laws, the User is strongly advised to exercise discretion while providing personal information or Financial Information while using the Services given that the Internet is susceptible to security breaches.
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
If you are accessing the Platforms from outside India, it is solely your responsibility to ensure that your access does not breach or violate any local or national law applicable in the place from where you are making the access, for the time being in force.
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in India. We comply with generally accepted industry standard regulations regarding the collection, use, and retention of data. If you have any questions relating to your personal data, please write to us on email@example.com
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Information about yourself to us. Parents and legal guardians are encouraged to monitor the activities of their wards in this regard. If we learn that we have collected Information from a child under age 18, we will delete that Information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your information is submitted to us through our Service when applying for a position advertised, the information will be used to consider your application. We may retain your information for any period of time.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The courts of Kanpur Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all matters arising out of, or concerning or incidental to using of our platform. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of Kanpur Nagar courts (and of the appropriate courts therefrom) and irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which you may have now or hereafter to the jurisdiction of Kanpur court.
We may suspend or terminate your right to use our website and terminate these Terms of Service immediately upon written notice to you for any breach of these Terms of Service.
Any term of these Terms of Service which is wholly or partially void or unenforceable is severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable. The validity of the remainder of these Terms of Service is not affected
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from and against any third party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with: (i) Your Content, (ii) your unauthorized use of the Services, or products or services included or advertised in the Services; (iii) your access to and use of the Services; (iv) your violation of any rights of another party; or (v) your breach of these Terms, including, but not limited to, any infringement by you of the copyright or intellectual property rights of any third party
- Our website and the materials on our website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. To the extent permitted by law, We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property, or other violation of rights.
- In the context of this Policy consequential loss” includes any consequential loss, indirect loss, real or anticipated loss of profit, loss of benefit, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings, loss of reputation, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of data, whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity, or otherwise.
- The Content on these Services is for informational purposes only. We disclaim any liability for any information that may have become outdated since the last time the particular piece of information was updated.
- If you rely on this service or any material available through this service, you do at your own risk. You understand and accept that there may be delays, omissions, interruptions, inaccuracies and/or other problems with the information, products and services published on this site.
- You are also responsible for all activities that occur in your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account in order to enable us to take necessary corrective action. You also agree that you will not allow any third party to use your account for the purpose of transacting activities in your name on the Services.
- You must keep your password confidential and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account, all changes and updates submitted through your account, and all activities that occur in connection with your account.
We shall not be liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the site or mobile apps, or items advertised on the site or mobile apps, by end users or any other third parties. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require those that use the Services to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, remove or disable access to material on the Services that infringes upon the copyright rights of others. We also may, in our discretion, remove or disable links or references to an online location that contains infringing material or infringing activity. In the event that any users of the Services repeatedly infringe on others’ copyrights, we may in our sole discretion terminate those individuals’ rights to use the Services If you believe that your copyright has been or is being infringed upon by material found in the Services, you are required to follow the below procedure to file a notification:
- Identify in writing the copyrighted material that you claim has been infringed upon;
- Identify in writing the material on the Services that you allege is infringing upon copyrighted material, and provide sufficient information that reasonably identifies the location of the alleged infringing material.
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the use of the content on the Services as described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law";
- Include the following statement: "I swear under penalty of perjury that the information in my notice is accurate and I am the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf";
- Provide your contact information including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if available)
- Send the written communication to email@example.com